Household safety check list-children
- Are knives, forks, scissors, and other sharp tools in a drawer with a childproof latch?
- Have you installed a dishwasher lock so kids can’t reach breakable dishes, knives, and other dangerous objects?
- Have you installed a stove lock and have knob protectors been placed on the stove knobs?
- Are chairs and stepstools positioned away from the stove?
- When cooking, are all pot handles on the stove turned inward or placed on back burners where your child can’t reach them?
- Are glass objects and appliances with sharp blades stored out of reach?
- Is the garbage can behind a cabinet door with a childproof latch?
- Are all appliances unplugged when not in use, with cords out of reach?
- Are all vitamin or medicine bottles stored in a high cabinet far from reach?
- Are matches and lighters stored in a locked cabinet?
- Is the cabinet under the sink free of cleaning supplies, bug sprays, dishwasher detergent, and dishwashing liquids? And are these supplies out of the reach of children?
- Are any bottles containing alcohol stored out of reach?
- Are all plastic garbage bags and sandwich bags out of reach?
- Are any cords or wires from wall telephones out of reach?
- Are refrigerator magnets and other small objects out of reach?
- Are childproof latches installed on all cabinet doors?
- Is there a working fire extinguisher?
- Does the child’s highchair have a safety belt with a strap between the legs?
The above list is thanks to-